Thursday, November 7, 2013

Ch 7 Fun With Flickr

All I think of when using photographs in my work is the old saying, "a picture is worth a thousand words".  Flickr is one of the leading picture/photo websites in the world and enhances learning for both students and teachers when used properly. 

The part of the chapter that caught my eye was the section on using Google Earth/Maps with Flickr.  Tagging photos to exact points on the earth.  I teach a lot of geography, and this feature makes things a lot more interesting.  Flickr images enhance learning in both physical and cultural geography.  Flickr also has a map tool for easy use, and you can see what other photos were used in the past to mark a spot on the map.


Reference: Richardson, W. (2010) Blogs, wikis, podcasts, and other powerful web tools for classrooms. Thousand Oaks, California: Corwin.

1 comment:

  1. I liked that part of the chapter also. I am a huge map geek, I could look at Google Earth for hours. I do like how they have photos you can look at all over the world. I like the idea the book has, to create a photo tour of your community, that would be very interesting.

    ReplyDelete